“Go…make disciples….” –Matthew 28:19
If you want to live completely out of your comfort zone, utterly dependent on God’s power, in order to see other people come to Jesus, learn His ways, and be transformed, then I recommend starting a church…in a city…. Or join us!
One day there will be many small groups, church services and discipleship classes happening all over St. Louis where hundreds and even thousands will be set free, healed, delivered, filled with the Spirit, and equipped to impact their neighborhood. Right now, we are laying the foundation, we are planting the seed, for that to happen. If we don’t, there are countless who will remain in the bondage of the devil and go to hell. But if we believe God and do His work, lives will be saved, restored, and made solid. This city will be lifted up and blessed.
“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”—Galatians 6:9
Right now we are working hard in faith and love:
- Building lots of relationships. We are meeting people every week, praying for them, and inviting them. God is giving us His genuine love and compassion for people, who really matter to God, created for a future and a hope. Jesus rightly described people as sheep without a shepherd. He has sent us to bring His word–His truth to set free, His hope, His power for their lives.
- Leading 2 bible studies weekly and a vision meeting on Sundays. Check out our website for more details: gototherock.com/STL or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheRockSTL/
- Offering 2 bible camps for kids this summer to reach out to neighborhood kids. It’s totally free with lots of games, crafts, a raffle (bikes and cool stuff), prizes and the simple and power truth from God’s word to kids (if you are in the area its at Carondelet Park in south city on June 25 and July 23 5:30-7pm).
- Strategizing for our Grand Opening of services this Fall. Our strategic planning meeting is Saturday, July 9.
- Praying for (and recruiting) 75 team members before the Grand Opening, to have 6 weekly bible studies full of people, to network with thousands of people, and launch church services with over 200 people.
This is impossible! And that is why God has sent us to do it in His power and not our own. He is looking to show Himself strong on behalf of those who rely on His wisdom, guidance, and favor. He is looking for those who will do what His Spirit is leading them to do. It may be impossible without God, but with Him and through faith in Him, we can do whatever He has called us to do. I am more convinced than ever that we are being led by the Lord. And my faith is being tested at a whole new level. Praise God He leads us in victory!
And whatever God has called you to do, He promises to be with you and to supply you with all His wisdom, power, favor, anointing, and grace. Trust the Lord. Strengthen your faith by flooding your heart with God’s promises from His word.
Lastly, would you consider supporting us?
PRAY: We ask that you stand in faith with us, praying for this great city and this church. Pray for laborers, for the word to spread about the church, for kids to come to the bible camps, for people to be drawn to our bible studies and onto our team. Please pray for God to give us courage, favor, anointing, compassion, wisdom, open doors.
SERVE: If you are called to join us in this ministry, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-332-2454 or come to one of our meetings.
GIVE: If you are called to partner with us through giving, you can give online at www.gototherock.com (click on “Give” and choose our campus, St. Louis). Or you can write a check to “The Rock” and mail it to 6425 Myrlette Ct.; St. Louis, MO 63116. Your gift will help spread the word about the Grand Opening of services this Fall and help us reach and bless more people.
Love and pray for you all!